Saturday, October 26, 2019

MAN FROM TOMORROW (EPISODE 22)


For now, at the very least, he knew that something happened on the corner of this street. If it was as Anita said, he would be able to create a vivid picture of what happened. If she wasn’t telling the truth, then he would learn it.

He turned to face Anita, stepping away from the kerb to temporarily quell the anger of those passing by. “Recount all of the events that led up to this point, if you would. I’ve analysed all I can from the surrounding area, but now I need to create a picture. If I can do that, I may figure something out,” he said.
She stood silently.

“I have an idea, but to be as accurate as possible, I’ll need to know a bit more. Recall every small detail. we can’t miss anything,” Martin said. The possibility that Anita could lead him to Joseph was increasing as he learned more, though he still wasn’t counting on it. Though, he did briefly consider where he would be now if he hadn’t encountered her. What kind of luck was it, to encounter such a lead? He scratched his head, hoping that he was on to something. He listened to everything Anita had to say.

“It sounds really stupid, I know, but… I was a disaster that day. There’s no one at fault for what happened that day but me,” she sighed. “I was running and not paying attention to where I was going. I just needed to get away from everything… I needed to breathe… I needed to get home and be alone. I guess the dangers of sinking into myself like that didn’t matter to me at the time.”

“What happened?” he asked. Anita told him a bit about what happened, but not the details he was looking for. He understood that from the way she said what she did, she was under tremendous stress when the accident happened. He watched Anita’s expression change from cautious to something he couldn’t read. She seemed to be more guarded, she was only sharing more not because she wanted to but because she thought he would be able to do something with the information.

“I was running away from my ex-boyfriend,” Anita started, tilting her head away from Martin to focus on something. “We broke up before this whole mess happened… In the end, well… I was running because I didn’t want to be anywhere near him.”
  
(To Be Continued Tomorrow…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment