Thursday, December 19, 2019

MAN FROM TOMORROW (EPISODE 76)


"Something that's not fast food," Anita paused for so long that Martin had to look over at her, only to see her carefully examining her three day old clothes. "And definitely not somewhere fancy."
They both laughed at that.

"I didn't think to clean up before leaving. I guess I know what I'm doing when we get back," she smiled.

"Martin...?" said Anita, with a tinge of helplessness in her speech. "Yes Anita?" Martin answered with an equally reassuring Voice." What will happen to us? We are being hunted, ruthlessly". Anita said looking out the car window. Martin placed his hand over Anita's."Don't worry Anita, I have a strategy in mind." Martin spoke slowly. "I have asked the professor that as and when he concludes his tests, he should give those results to me in writing. It will be in the form of a report. 

Taking this report as evidence I will proceed to the next course of action. If things go as per my strategy, after the tests are over and Kevin regains consciousness, I intend to sneak You, Kevin and the professor into New York. Once there, I will call a press conference where I will declare to the world that a man like Kevin exists among us. Once Kevin's special nature is publicized to the world it will ensure that the Federal government gives Kevin, You, and the professor maximum security." 

"What about you Martin?" Anita still looked out of the window with a look of bleak hope. True, Martin would lose his job. But at least the people involved would be alive. This plan seemed the most logical way out where everyone would live.

"Don't worry about me. I have scraped through worse situations than this one" Martin grinned, knowing fully well that this was the worst situation he was in. And he doubted if any of them- Anita, Kevin, the Professor or himself- would even scrape out of this alive.

Martin realized then that over the course of the last few days, he'd grown to both appreciate Anita's presence, and take it for granted. She was a lovely person, he thought, someone both smart and challenging, but also someone that he was attracted to. His thoughts began drifting toward his soon to be ex-wife, and he had to suppress a painful cringe.

Thankfully, Anita didn't seem to notice. He set his mind back on track, returning his thoughts to the last few days spent with Anita. Despite the fact that they were technically on the run, the time they spent together was good. Sure, it could have been better, but it was good. Maybe there wasn't a better way to get to know someone than having your lives put in danger.

(To Be Continued Tomorrow...)

[The complete Book ‘MAN FROM TOMORROW’ can be downloaded at amzn.to/2MSf1ng]

No comments:

Post a Comment